KN95 Respirator Face Mask with Valve (Individually Wrapped) Pack of 20
The KN95 Respirator Mask is a face mask that protects from chemicals, dust and particles from metal smelting and processing manufacturing, as well as other airborne harmful substances. The mask fits snugly around the face to prevent particles and harmful substances from entering your nose and mouth. KN95 face masks are designed to filter out a minimum of 95% of particles, with 5 layers of fabric which make the filtration system highly effective.
KN95 can be used to prevent harmful substances from entering the respiratory system through the nose and mouth. This can be required in several circumstances including:
- On construction sites to protect against dust and other particles
- In agriculture to protect from dust, vapours, fumes and mould spores
- In healthcare to protect from germs and infection
- Personal use to prevent the spread of infection from yourself and for protection from other people’s germs
Key features of the KN95 Mask
- Individually wrapped
- 5 Layers
- 95% Bacterial filtration
- Aerosol generating procedures (AGPs), which are Covid-19 specific infection control measures for inpatients
- Your mask becomes contaminated with blood or any other bodily fluids
- Close contact with any potentially infectious patient who requires contact precautions
- If any contact is made with the inside of the respirator. You should avoid touching the inside of the respirator at all times.
How to use this product
Before using, check that the packaging is intact and confirm the marked expiration date on the outer package and use the mask within the expiration date. Open the mask fully, position the mask with the metal nose strip up. Use both hands to press the metal nose strip to fit the bridge of the nose and achieve a better protective effect. Store the mask in a dry, ventilated, non-corrosive gas environment and away from fire sources and flammable materials. Make sure to clean your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand sanitiser before and after applying or adjusting your mask.
What other preventative measures can you take to prevent spreading germs and infection?
Using a mask is just one preventative measure you can take to protect yourself from respiratory pathogens, dust and harmful airborne substances. However, it is recommended to not rely on masks alone to provide an adequate level of protection. Here are a few more steps you can use, along with the use of safety masks to protect yourself from harmful substances in the environment:
- Perform hand hygiene frequently, using soap and water (where possible) or an alcohol-based hand rub
- Try not to touch your face, especially your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover nose and mouth with a bent elbow or paper tissue when coughing or sneezing and dispose of the tissue immediately after use
- Keep surfaces clean and disinfected
Can I use these face masks if I have a beard?
If you have a beard or other facial hair you will usually need to shave before using these KN95 respirator face masks. This will help to ensure that the mask fits properly and that the filtration system is working as effectively as possible.